IT Governance Senior Specialist
To drive the Architecture and Governance strategy forward within the business. As a member of the Architecture and Governance team, IT Governance Senior specialist will be at the forefront of developing the IT Governance strategy, ensuring the appropriate and robust governance policies and processes are kept up to date and adhered to.
- Active participation in Planning and Governance.
- To help Establish and develop appropriate policies, procedures and practices in relations to governance and planning functions.
- Ensure and Monitor effective implementations of the policies and procedures.
- Ensure necessary awareness for the IT policies and procedures.
- Govern the overall IT function, ensuring compliance to various processes, policies and procedures - including:
- Release Management: In conjunction with application and infrastructure teams, track configuration items and maintain technical documentation control.
- Change Requests: Ensuring that change requests are correctly administered, documented, maintained and coordinated in a timely fashion.
- Support Manager Service in all areas related Release and Change Management.
- Change Management calendar: Establish and maintain a Change calendar, keeping Production informed of the forward schedule of work and managing the release of changes to the Production environment.
- CAB: Help establish A Change Advisory Board, chair, and present changes to the CAB
Asset database: Develop a CMDB and ensure that it is kept up to date by him/herself and by Application and Infrastructure teams.
- Incident reporting: Maintain up to date and accurate records of incident and problem resolution activities.
- SLAs: Help define and maintain SLAs. Provide key metrics on SLA adherence across IT.
Major Challenges & Complexities
- Introduce / reinforce standardized work i.e. develop and deploy standard processes, KPIs, governance
- Complex business environment i.e. with regular changes to the scope (Mergers & Acquisitions), different stakeholder goals, global and local approaches
- Proven experience in similar roles
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field required
- 2 - 6 years’ experience in related field
- A proven background of working within a similar IT Governance position.
- A good understanding of IT governance frameworks and processes, including working knowledge of ITIL
- Fluent in English