Senior Litigation Specialist
An opportunity for an experienced Senior Litigation Specialist within the Legal Team in Digikala Group. This position reports to the Supervisor of legal and is responsible for providing legal support to the Digikala functions inside Digikala Group.
A successful team member must be adaptable and flexible to constant changing legal and technological aspects of the business environment.
- Reviews and sets up new loss assignments in a timely manner in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
- Establishes appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continue to regularly evaluate the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
- Analyzes and interpret policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
- Drafts frequent and complex coverage correspondence, including reservation of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance.
- Composes a variety of other detailed correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and Regulatory agencies.
- Proactively manages primarily litigated claim files from inception to closure, including identification and investigation of coverage, liability and damage issues, determination and efficient execution of an appropriate plan of action, and prompt, economical file resolution, in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
- Appropriately and clearly documents all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan in file notes.
- Consistently demonstrates comprehensive coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at an advanced level.
- Directs and control the activities and costs of numerous outside vendors including defense counsel and coverage counsel, experts and independent adjusters.
- Effectively presents and discusses loss facts and issues in round table discussions to peers and members of management at all levels.
- Master’s degree from a top ranked university.
- 5+ years of strong experience in a law firm and/or as in-house legal adviser.
- Licensed to practice by the bar association.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as part of a team with other lawyers, internal clients and other partners.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and handle multiple requests from internal clients.
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to a cross-functional team.
- Experience related to technology-based industries is a plus.
- Have good computer skills and knowledge of common programs such as Word & Excel;
- Strong ability of time management and attention to details;
- Strong research skills
- Flexibility with skills to succeed in an ever changing environment
- Confident decision making ability
- Good Knowledge of English.